Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet my new Bunnie
Went to Walsall this morning and collected my first gorgeous Netherland Dwarf Doe. She's all settled in her new hutch and she's so gorgeous!! Here she is, haven't decided on a name yet. Was thinking Lotta or Lottie, but not a hundred per cent on that yet.

[Image: DSC00740_zps20f7c941.jpg]

[Image: DSC00742_zps4d144886.jpg]
She is so pretty. I love the tiny ears that the dwarfs have. They are so expressive. Have you thought of calling her Dottie? She has black dots. I know they are more like spots, but Spotty for a girl is just not quite right. You could call a male Mr. Spots, but a girl needs a pretty name. Lotta and Lottie are pretty names. Whatever you call her she is lovely.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(02-27-2014, 11:59 AM)Catherine Wrote: She is so pretty. I love the tiny ears that the dwarfs have. They are so expressive. Have you thought of calling her Dottie? She has black dots. I know they are more like spots, but Spotty for a girl is just not quite right. You could call a male Mr. Spots, but a girl needs a pretty name. Lotta and Lottie are pretty names. Whatever you call her she is lovely.Heart

I knew you would like her. She's settled in really well, just wish I could settle on a name for her. I don't usually have this much trouble picking names but I'm stuck! Now, I also like the names Sweetpea, Lily, Bonnie, Buffy, Izzy, Clover, Dixie, Fifi, Tinkerbell and Matilda (just thought of that one).

On Monday I will be going to pick up my pair of Mini Lops and then I have to think of names for them. Smiley43
Isn't it funny how sometimes a name just won't come to you. You just haven't thought of the right name. When you do it will stick.
How about Gwendolyn or Lilith? Abigail or Maggie would be nice choices as well. What about Sarah or Mabel. She needs a sweet name, she is so sweet and gentle looking.

I think we need to see the mini lops before we think about names. I can't wait to see them. They are a beautiful rabbit. I like the smaller breeds. The big ones are just too big and most of us would not have room.

You could call her Tessa, that is a pretty name.
Catherine

(03-01-2014, 04:24 PM)Catherine Wrote: Isn't it funny how sometimes a name just won't come to you. You just haven't thought of the right name. When you do it will stick.
How about Gwendolyn or Lilith? Abigail or Maggie would be nice choices as well. What about Sarah or Mabel. She needs a sweet name, she is so sweet and gentle looking.

I think we need to see the mini lops before we think about names. I can't wait to see them. They are a beautiful rabbit. I like the smaller breeds. The big ones are just too big and most of us would not have room.

You could call her Tessa, that is a pretty name.

My little lad came up with the name Tinkerbell for her, so I am mulling that one over. I found out her previous name was Tink so maybe Tinkerbell is the name for her? What do you think?
If her previous name was Tink, then Tinkerbell is perfect. Your son is good at the naming. He has a knack for it. She is a cute little Tinkerbell isn't she.Heart
I wonder what he will suggest for the mini lops. What colour are they?
You still need a dwarf male, or do you have one in mind?

Did Bob the bunny go home yet. I liked Bob.Smiley4
Catherine

(03-02-2014, 04:06 AM)Catherine Wrote: If her previous name was Tink, then Tinkerbell is perfect. Your son is good at the naming. He has a knack for it. She is a cute little Tinkerbell isn't she.Heart
I wonder what he will suggest for the mini lops. What colour are they?
You still need a dwarf male, or do you have one in mind?

Did Bob the bunny go home yet. I liked Bob.Smiley4

Yes, my son does seem to have the knack for naming the animals. It will be interesting what he comes up for the rest of the rabbits. The mini lops are orange (doe) and sooty (buck), plus an extra doe which is an opal.

I will be having a pair of Nethies in about another 5/6 weeks time, so there is my buck which will go with Tinkerbell as well when the buck is mature enough to mate.

Bob is still here. He should be going when Treacle (Harlequin) is ready to go which will be from the 18th March. I will miss the big guy but he will be better off going back.
Quote: Yes, my son does seem to have the knack for naming the animals. It will be interesting what he comes up for the rest of the rabbits. The mini lops are orange (doe) and sooty (buck), plus an extra doe which is an opal.

I will be having a pair of Nethies in about another 5/6 weeks time, so there is my buck which will go with Tinkerbell as well when the buck is mature enough to mate.

Bob is still here. He should be going when Treacle (Harlequin) is ready to go which will be from the 18th March. I will miss the big guy but he will be better off going back.

The mini lops sound like nice colours. What does an opal look like?
Do you know what colours of babies they will produce?

I am sure you will find just the right names with the help of your son.

What colours are the two dwarfs. Tinkerbell is such a pretty colour. I love the black and white. It is so random. She should have nice babies.
I am sure Bob will be happy. After all, he is really going home.Heart
Catherine

(03-03-2014, 05:13 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote: Yes, my son does seem to have the knack for naming the animals. It will be interesting what he comes up for the rest of the rabbits. The mini lops are orange (doe) and sooty (buck), plus an extra doe which is an opal.

The mini lops sound like nice colours. What does an opal look like?
Do you know what colours of babies they will produce?

I am sure you will find just the right names with the help of your son.

What colours are the two dwarfs. Tinkerbell is such a pretty colour. I love the black and white. It is so random. She should have nice babies.
I am sure Bob will be happy. After all, he is really going home.Heart

The mini lops are here, well two of them are. Just one more to collect. They are gorgeous. Will post photos later.

I haven't decided on the colours of the dwarfs yet, depends on what sexes they are. There's a choice of Vienna Marked Black, Blue and a Blue Eyed White.

Treacle isn't going with Bob after all. Someone from Scotland has shown interest in her and her kits and wants the four of them, so because a deposit hasn't been put down for her I have decided to let her go with her kits to Scotland.
I looked up some of the colours so I could see what they would be like. The marked blacks are nice, but really, I love them all. The opal is pretty, so is the blue. I don't know how you ever choose.
I can't wait to see pictures.

I am sure Treacle will be happy with her little ones as a family. It sounds like a perfect home, someone who wants a group of bunnies so they can keep each other company.
I am sure Bob will be fine without Treacle. You must be happy to see a litter go as a group to one person.
Catherine