Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type Animal
We don't have an art section anymore so I'll just post these here. I thought everyone here might like these. I designed both of these for my graphic design class.

This one took me about 9+ hours from hand drawn concept to computer rendered. For the Elephant I could use only the letters from what ever animal I picked. I could not distort the letter forms at all. I could repeat the letters as often as I needed but every letter had to be used. I could use capital and lower case, bold and italic forms. The size of the letters could be changed.

This one took me about 45 minutes from drawn concept to computer rendered. This one was a little more free form. Basically I had to create my own font and it had to look like whatever animal I choose.

Libby, those are really good. I did not know you were taking a graphic design class. You are learning some really good techniques. And you are right we do not have an art section. I will set one up. We can have as many sections as we want. This software makes set up easy.

The penguin is cute and very expressive and he really does look like a penguin.
I can see why the elephant took so long. That is a very detailed drawing.
So is the whole design class a computer course or are you learning other forms of design. I hope you share other drawings with us.

I will set up a section for art.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you. It's mostly on the computer. All the designs start off on paper but we eventually move to the computer because we are learning how to use the Adobe programs like Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop... I have a few others but they are abstract. It's a really fun class I'm excited to learn about Photoshop. We've been working with Illustrator mostly.

Can we switch this thread over to the art section? I haven't run into that on this forum until now.
There! I have set up the new section and moved the thread. I got to tired to do it the other night. If my description of the section needs work feel free to fix it. I am not feeling too creative tonight.

It sounds like a great class. Learning to use Photoshop and Illustrator and software like that is such a good idea. I wish I was there.
There will be so many things you can do once you know how to use the software. It is a computer world and knowing how to do things on the computer is the way to go.

I hope we get to see more of your work.
Catherine

Oh, these are really good Libby! I've only just seen them. Clever work!
(03-03-2014, 04:34 PM)Catherine Wrote: There! I have set up the new section and moved the thread. I got to tired to do it the other night. If my description of the section needs work feel free to fix it. I am not feeling too creative tonight.

It sounds like a great class. Learning to use Photoshop and Illustrator and software like that is such a good idea. I wish I was there.
There will be so many things you can do once you know how to use the software. It is a computer world and knowing how to do things on the computer is the way to go.

I hope we get to see more of your work.

I can show my others when I have time to change the files. It's annoying and time consuming because I have to open and save it through 2 different programs one of which I don't have on my computer (illustrator is too dang expensive) . They aren't animals, well one you could argue is, but you can see the first projects I worked on. It may be Thursday of Friday before I can't post them though.
(03-05-2014, 11:34 AM)Tobi Wrote: Oh, these are really good Libby! I've only just seen them. Clever work!

Thank you! Next week we are suppose to be working on Photoshop I can't wait. I've been dying to learn how to use it because I got it for Christmas from my dad but haven't been able to use it yet because I didn't know how.
Photoshop is supposed to be great. I can't wait to hear about what you can do and see examples. I think you will really make good use of it. What a great Christmas gift!

What a nuisance that it takes so much for you to post the pictures. Is illustrator really expensive? I guess the better the software the more you have to pay for it.
Catherine

Illustrator is about $25 a month but if I were to buy it outright it's over $400 and I'm not about to spend that for a little fun. If I get a job as a graphic designer then I'd think about it.

I have to save it as a PDF in Illustrator and then safe it as a JPEG in Photoshop. For some reason Illustrator wont save files as JPEGs.
Of course you have to save as a PDF and then create a JPEG. It would be too sensible to set things up so you could just do things in one step.
I love computers, but the word sensible and computer do not belong in the same sentence.Smiley4

Why can't Apple and Microsoft come up with one operating system that works on any computer. For that matter, why do they have to update things faster than we can learn them?Smiley13

Can you lease/rent illustrator? Is that how it works?
Catherine