Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I do with pets during a hurricane
If the information is too late to help someone for this particular hurricane, sadly there are other storms out there that could make landfall as hurricanes. It is good that you are passing the information on.

I guess the real point of this discussion is to remind people to be prepared for disasters. We should all be aware of the disasters that could happen in our area. We should work out solutions to looking after ourselves and our pets. Also we should pay attention to what's happening so that we are aware of a storm early enough to do whatever is needed.

I do think people need to rethink the decision to remain at home in a hurricane. Sadly lives have already been lost because of Hurricane Florence. If people need to flee later under emergency conditions it can be harder to take a pet.

We are now experiencing the effects of global warming. We can expect floods, fires and storms that are dangerous. It would be wise to stay in a state of preparation to deal with the consequences of a warmer planet. There is a name for people who are prepared for emergencies and act soon enough to keep themselves and their pets safe. We call them survivors.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do I do with pets during a hurricane - by Catherine - 09-15-2018, 03:14 PM