Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat turns on faucet and destroys home
Frankie Muniz, Dancing with the Stars: Juniors star, returned home to find his cat had found out how to turn on the faucet. Three floors of his four story home are destroyed by the flood.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4677104/frank...on-faucet/

I have heard of cats doing damage, but this must be the record. The house is trashed and much of it will have to be ripped out to prevent mould. We always laugh when our cats learn to do clever things. Maybe it isn't so good when they are too clever.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Never underestimate a clever cat.
....And I didn't know what the word "faucet" was! I had to look it up. It seems to be North American.

To be honest, I find myself asking why he left the cat alone in his home for several days and didn't get someone to go and check daily.
Oh dear....bad cat having fun! Confused Smiley12

Now his cat has learned to do that, Frankie is going to have to find a way to padlock those taps!
That cat is too clever.

This reminds me of when we first got our Jack Russell Toby in 1986 (as a 6-10 month old pup in the vet's estimation.) No sooner had he come to live with us than we were asked to house-sit for some friends for a month, in their beautiful neat tidy house! Of course, pup was welcome.
He loved water, and I used to leave the hair-rinsing spray on for him in the bath. Never for long but so he could play in the water. There were never any accidents, and all was well....
....Until one day when I got a phone call from my husband asking if I could come to the bus stop to meet him and help him carry some stuff back. The bus stop was only 100 yards away as we were in town.
So I nipped out at the time the bus arrived, leaving Toby for 10 minutes in the bath having fun. (Silly me!)
When we got back the bathroom floor was completely flooded. Toby had pulled the shower spray out over the bath. Meanwhile he was in the next room safe and dry on the couch rolling on towels!
Whoops....it took us three whole days to first -mop up the water, then dry the place out.
The people, when they returned, never saw a thing out of place and never knew what happened! And I never told them, coward that I am!  Whistle
And fortunately that was on the ground floor....
Never under estimate clever pets. Smiley4 

So faucet is a north American word. I think I mostly use the word tap. Many of the new style faucets are hands free and can be turned on and off with a nudge. If you have a cat that is asking for trouble.
The cat shouldn't have been left alone, but even one day of water running would be enough to do serious damage. The cat probably turned it on full. 

Jack Russells are a clever dog. Leaving Toby alone for a moment was asking for trouble. It could have been worse. At least you were able to clean up and dry things off. Did he sit and watch you do the work. Clever of him to be sitting on towels drying off.

I would be scared to have one of the new voice activated units like Siri and Alexa.  What if your pet figured out what sounds to make to get results. I know a parrot could imitate your voice. Could a guinea pig squeak just so and get Alexa to order a case of lettuce. They would certainly be motivated.

We may have to rethink our homes if we plan to have pets.
Catherine

Faucets is new to me I have heard it before but it's not used in Australia we call them taps.
Facets must be an American word. I use the word taps too. I know what a facet is and that is the word used in the article.

There are a lot of words that we use differently. I love the term kitchen roll instead of paper towels. I often call my hand blender a stick blender. It is so much more descriptive a word. I could use the word lift instead of elevator, but no one would know what I was talking about.  I have no idea where the word facet comes from. It is an odd sounding word. Anyone know anything about it?
Catherine