Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heartless cat abandonment
Sad 
A six year old cat was found locked in a cat carrier on urine soaked blankets out in the cold with a note asking for a home.
It was a heartless act of cruelty. If the cat hadn't been found in time the cold or lack of water could have killed him. The cat is okay,, but it is understandably anxious.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/10...-with-note

It is understandable that sometimes people have to give up a pet. What isn't understandable is the heartless way people dump their pets. There are many ways this could have been done without traumatizing the cat and putting his life at risk.
Right now the RSPCA is looking for the owners. I hope they find them and I hope they are charged for what they did.

This time of year you just can't leave an animal outside. That alone was too cruel. No cat should die slowly of the cold. Midnight is one lucky cat because he was found in time. Sometimes abandoned animals are not found in time. Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Poor Midnight! I am glad he actually was found. It often makes me wonder about those who are not....in time to save their lives anyway.

Heartless, and cruel, yes.

I sometimes wonder if the human race has any future. What are those people using for brains??
Quote:I sometimes wonder if the human race has any future. What are those people using for brains??
Sometimes you have to wonder.

Years ago someone at Animal Services told me that they went to put the garbage out at the end of the day. The bins were on the side of the building out of sight. They found a number of boxes on the ground by the bins. They contained 27 rabbits that were in very bad shape because they had been in the cold for a long time. They worked hard and they did save them.
The people could have turned the rabbits in. They could have dumped the boxes at the Animal Services door. They could have put the boxes on the sidewalk where they would have been seen very quickly. They could have made a phone call to tell someone the rabbits were outside by the garbage bins.  Just leaving them out of sight put the rabbits at risk.
All they had to do was let someone know about the rabbits.
Why would they do the one thing that  was the most dangerous and stressful.

As you said, what were those people using for brains?

People need to think about animals and their needs before they do something cruel like abandoning them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine