Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecological grief, a mental health side effect of climate change
Yes I hadn't thought of that either, Catherine.

It makes sense when you think of all the effects climate change brings with it. There are so many things which infiltrate into our everyday lives to create stress....and in the case of wildfires and flooding, grief and serious loss too.
And even hearing of the many animals who have become extinct, or suffer as a result is terrible news.
I know. A picture of a starving Polar Bear made me very upset.

I suppose we all think there is nothing we can do about those things. We may even not relate what we do or don't do, to those effects. We may even blame arsonists for wildfires....and continue to forget and continue wth our lives.

Then there are some who don't even believe in "global warming" because they see early cold winters. But global warming brings global climate change. One thing leads to another.

In Britain, for example, if our Gulf Stream became inundated with fresh water from Arctic melt, we would suffer severe winters in keeping with our latitude, as a result. That would be an effect of global warming, but it would turn much colder here.

There are things we all can do. Even the smallest thing, when multiplied by a billion, is an achievement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ecological grief, a mental health side effect of climate change - by Tobi - 12-01-2018, 03:21 AM