Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treacle and Family have left
Well, I've got one of the hutches done and outside ready to house Fred and Midnight. My husband's son done a good job, took him a while and he never lost his temper when it was put on back to front, upside down etc, he just took the pieces off again and started again. He didn't have time to do the second hutch and that will be done next week. That's okay because I can move those two rabbits, move the boars from the sows and just in time! The boars can't be housed together, they have to have their own separate cages otherwise I would end up with a bloodbath! I'd tried putting Paddy with another boar and he flew at him.

[Image: 2014-03-22183239_zps406c50eb.jpg]
The new hutch is beautiful. So it is designed to be outside? I envy you the possibility of outdoor cages. Our weather is just too extreme.
At least you got one done. The second one should be easier now that you have seem how it goes(or is that wishful thinking).

As long as you can move the boars before baby time you will be fine. I wondered about breeding boars. It makes sense that they cannot be housed together. My boys are not breeding and they grew up together.
It makes a difference. I think my one girl is not fertile. Murray spends time with her every day and she has not gotten pregnant.

Guinea pigs do fight don't they. I have had girls go at each other. I imagine the boys would be more aggressive. I know hamster males can be pretty fierce. So, any plans for more outdoor hutches?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine