Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Leopard Gecko
Cute.Smiley4

I love what you can do with names and nicknames.
I don't think Charlie and Claire will combine as well. It would either be Chaire or Clarlie. Smiley4
Allison and Mal give better results. Allie and Mal work very well. You have names that fit together well.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I only had to separate them once for a night. They've been sleeping side by side ever since. I'll get more pictures soon.

Charlie and Claire don't exactly combine easily. Jack and Kate wont either, Kack or Jate. Not every name combines easily.

Speaking of Kate. She FINALLY shed for the first time since I've had her. Meaning she is finally growing! Great news I was worried there for a while.
I am glad they are getting along now. Good news that Kate has shed. She will probably grow like a weed now.

Jack and Kate? How about Jackate? Or Katack?

Charlie and Claire is a challenge. Charlaire or Clairie?
Catherine

hahaha I like Clairie. Jackate just looks like we forgot the space after the k. Katack reminds me of Ipecac hahahahahaha
Quote:hahaha I like Clairie. Jackate just looks like we forgot the space after the k. Katack reminds me of Ipecac hahahahahaha

Neither one quite works as a nickname. I will give it more thought. Katack does sound kind of nasty.Smiley4
Catherine

Here's some more pictures of all my little monsters.
Unfortunately Charlie and Claire never seem to be cuddling when I pull my camera out to start taking pictures. Charlie always walks over to see what I'm doing.
They are beautiful. When ever you pull out the camera they stop doing what ever was so cute and funny. You have to take whatever pictures you can. Reptiles are tricky to photograph.

Your tanks look good. They have lots of interesting places to go. I am sure they have developed little habits about where they sleep and where they bask and stuff like that.
Catherine

(07-06-2014, 01:29 AM)Catherine Wrote: They are beautiful. When ever you pull out the camera they stop doing what ever was so cute and funny. You have to take whatever pictures you can. Reptiles are tricky to photograph.

You tanks look good. They have lots of interesting places to go. I am sure they have developed little habits about where they sleep and where they bask and stuff like that.

Charlie and Jack usually will walk up to the camera cause they think I'm going to pick them up. They are my buddies. But the girls will dart or recede into where they are hiding. That one picture of Kate is the first good picture I've ever gotten of her. I don't think the breeder I got them from had enough time to dedicate to handling them and that's why they are so skittish. Claire is warming up to me though. She doesn't wiggle as much anymore.

Oh they have lots of hiding places. Each tank has at least 2 hiding places and they have their favorite places. Claire is always in the spaceship or in her moss box and Charlie in the spaceship or the hiding rock like in the picture.
Jack has the same hiding rock that he likes and he also lays under his grapevine.
Kate is always under her rock.
And they don't really have specific basking spots. it moves from day to day.

Millworm Update:
Back in April after I got the girls I had a bunch of millworms turn into the pupates. So I set them off to the side gave them oats and lets them turn into beetles. since then all the beetles have pretty much all died but I have hundreds small millworms now. I could start seeing them about 4 weeks ago and now they are about the size of the smallest ones you could buy at the store. A few more weeks and they will be big enough to feed to my geckos. I already have another set of pre-starter millworms I fed until they turned into the pupates. They are just starting to become beetles. I'm hoping this will end up being cheaper than having to buy them at the store. So far I think it will be. I spend about $6 a week on buying millworms but the oats and a 3 baby carrots cost about $4. I bought the oats back in April and I still haven't had to replace any. They eat them down until it's a fine power but it will take them a long time to eat though. they aren't even close as it is.
Meal worms are pretty easy to breed. I use apple peel as well as carrot. Since I was going to eat the apple anyhow the peel is basically free. If you can get them really breeding well it will cost almost nothing to feed your lizards. That will come in handy when you have babies to feed.

Your girls should get tame as you get them used to handling. They were still young when you got them so it makes sense that they are less tame.

It is funny how they have their favourite spots in a tank. Who knows why one lizard sleeps in one place and the other sleeps in another spot. They have different personalities.
Catherine

(07-07-2014, 03:56 PM)Catherine Wrote: Meal worms are pretty easy to breed. I use apple peel as well as carrot. Since I was going to eat the apple anyhow the peel is basically free. If you can get them really breeding well it will cost almost nothing to feed your lizards. That will come in handy when you have babies to feed.

Your girls should get tame as you get them used to handling. They were still young when you got them so it makes sense that they are less tame.

It is funny how they have their favourite spots in a tank. Who knows why one lizard sleeps in one place and the other sleeps in another spot. They have different personalities.

I'm excited about my millworms most of my prestater millworms are in the pupate stage now. A few are already beetles. Not long now and I'll have more tiny millworms.

Kate I can understand her not being used to being handled she is small. She's a year old as of yesterday I think. About the size Jack was when I first got him. But Claire is much older. She has a regrown tail so I'm thinking whatever made her drop her tail probably made her skittish of being picked up. But like I was hoping when I put Charlie with her she's gotten much better about being handled.