Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Smart" petfood bowl
I agree, we don't really need some of the smart products on the market. It is great that we have products and gadgets that make life easier. However some things are silly. If I want a light on, I flip a switch and it is on. People with things like Alexa stand there and say "Alexa turn the lights on", Alexa turn the music on, Alexa order me  a big bag of parrot treats.  You can see why the parrot loves it. The parrot and the dog could start working together. If you make the parrot mad, it could say, Alexa change the locks. Alexa would bring in a locksmith and do it. When you come home you only get in if the parrot decides to let you in.

We have started to let the gadgets run our lives. 

Having a pet should be a human/animal interaction. If some gadget feeds the animal and perhaps some day walks it then why have a pet. If all you do is sit there and tell a gadget to do things for you I wonder how alive you really are.

I don't know about Alexa and Sally. Would Sally learn to charm things out of Alexa. Does Alexa respond to purrs.

There is a fine line between great labour saving devices(my new blender) and ridiculous ones like Alexa. I wouldn't consider Alexa to be helpful. I would consider it a bother.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
"Smart" petfood bowl - by Catherine - 01-04-2019, 03:53 PM
RE: "Smart" petfood bowl - by Tobi - 01-05-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: "Smart" petfood bowl - by Catherine - 01-05-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: "Smart" petfood bowl - by Tobi - 01-06-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: "Smart" petfood bowl - by Catherine - 01-06-2019, 05:27 PM