Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Bird Day.
Birds should be celebrated. They have more than one special day in the year. This day also acknowledges captive birds and birds of all types. So let us take a minute to look at the birds around us and be thankful for them.

http://www.holidayscalendar.com/event/bird-day/

I think this would be a good day to put treats out by the bird feeders if you live in the northern parts of the world. It would be a good day for a special treat for my little canaries.
There is no doubt, life without birds would be less beautiful and less musical.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Star 
(01-05-2019, 04:43 PM)Catherine Wrote: Birds should be celebrated. They have more than one special day in the year. This day also acknowledges captive birds and birds of all types. So let us take a minute to look at the birds around us and be thankful for them.

http://www.holidayscalendar.com/event/bird-day/

I think this would be a good day to put treats out by the bird feeders if you live in the northern parts of the world. It would be a good day for a special treat for my little canaries.
There is no doubt, life without birds would be less beautiful and less musical.

I love birds.  What a great day to celebrate.  My Alice and Jassy are doing well.  Birds are sweet and funny, too.  They entertain themselves.  Mine are not tame.  I've tried to start taming them but they are shy to that.  I talk and sing to them and they sing to me.   Heart

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
The manager here feeds the birds all year long. She has 2 large feeders outside of her apt. building and by her windows. I see all sorts of birds there including some large ones, pigeons.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Watching birds at a feeder is endless entertainment. You are lucky to have a feeder you can watch.

Your birds are special. I am sure they will become very tame with all the loving care you give them. It will be great when they come to you. It must fun when they sing back to you. My birds don't do that yet.
Catherine

In my yard, Feeders attracts a lot of bird, some woodpeckers have visited my yard, they seem to love the suet feeder. Woodpeckers like to feel secure when feeding, so they can grip the mesh on the cage to hold on and there is a tail prop so the birds can feed comfortably for as long as they want.
Me and my mother both love birds..My mom likes hummingbirds and I love parrots...Woodpeckers are also beautiful to me..I think all birds should be protected...
Cat Lover  Heart
Birds are beautiful. I love it when the birds spend time just sitting in the trees in my garden. I wish I had a woodpecker or two visit me or even a few humingbirds.
I am still happy with our local sparrows. They add a lot life and happiness to my garden.
Catherine