Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My rabbit with the tongue out

Got a picture of my rabbit with her tongue out at max lenght, after getting a treat  Heart
Entertaining and educational pet videos at TinyPetsTube. Also on YouTube with weekly animal videos
Welcome to the forum. That is a cute picture of your rabbit. What is your rabbits name and how old is she.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you :] Her name is Bunbun Big Grin Im not really sure how old she is. I have had her for a bit over a year, the vet guessed she was around 3 years when i got her, so i reccon around 4 years then. She's an adoptee, ditched outside last winter by the previous owners, grrr..
Entertaining and educational pet videos at TinyPetsTube. Also on YouTube with weekly animal videos
Bunbun is a perfect rabbit name. I am glad you gave her a home.  So many rabbits that are abandoned don't get rescued.

I have rescue guinea pigs. Little animals are so vulnerable and they depend on us for everything. It is so cruel and heartless to dump them outside. They have little chance of surviving unless they are found right away. Bunbun is a lucky bunny.
Catherine

(01-27-2019, 06:14 PM)Catherine Wrote: Bunbun is a perfect rabbit name. I am glad you gave her a home.  So many rabbits that are abandoned don't get rescued.

I have rescue guinea pigs. Little animals are so vulnerable and they depend on us for everything. It is so cruel and heartless to dump them outside. They have little chance of surviving unless they are found right away. Bunbun is a lucky bunny.

Luckily someone found her pretty fast, otherwise she sure wouldn't have lasted long. 

She's a nice roomie, half-sleeping on the living room carpet next to a plush lion now ;D

Thats a cute little buddy you got in your signature picture Smile
The guinea pig in my signature was Robbie. He was rescued with his brother Murry. They were so much fun. I had them for years. I still miss them. Their owner wanted to feed them to a large snake so she could watch them die. My friend with the large snakes made excuses and hid them until I could get there and rescue them. I never got to meet the woman, but I still have things I want to say to her.

Right now I have Biscuit who was dropped off so starved and thin that he licked his empty food dish because he didn't expect me to feed him again. He is about four probably. I have Muffin who with her mother Martha were left behind in an apartment when people moved out. The landlord found them just in time. They had no food or water left. Martha has since died, but Muffin is living with Biscuit. Muffin could be four or even five.
I have Larry and Joey, two brothers who are very sweet. Their owner decided she didn't need guinea pigs any more once she got pregnant. They are probably two so they will be around a while.

That is my guinea pig count as of today. I can usually take another piggie or two if there is need.

Bunbun looks sweet. Rabbits are such wonderful pets. I have boarded my friend's bunny when she is away for the last 10 years. Luna Bunny is like part of the family and I free roam him when I am home. Bunnies are just such loving pets. Give Bunbun a snuggle from me. I love holding a rabbit. They seem to melt into your arms.
Catherine

Feeding snakes with living animals is horrible :[ Good thing that someone like you are around to save what you can.

I shall give Bunbun some extra pets from you Wink
I am involved with a reptile centre (we are a store and an education centre for reptiles)and we do not feed live and we encourage people not to do that. 
I rescue any guinea pigs that show up. Someone else in our group takes any ferrets.  I take in injured reptiles that people bring in. Jake Krinkle Snake is my most famous rescue reptile. There is a post about him in the reptile section. I have had him 9 years and he is not doing as well now, but I am babying him along.  Over the years I have had lots of damaged bearded dragons lizards with limbs missing. I have even brought home a store pet so she could die in peace at my place.
Right now I have a rescue canary who was found outside on a very hot day last summer. Rouge is missing a foot. She was so hungry and thirsty. I already had Russet a little male canary and they are happy together. Now I also have a Budgie who had a stroke two weeks ago. Pickle is doing very well, but he holds his head at an angle. He is happy to live with the canaries. 

Lots of broken animals end up with me. I can always take in one more. I do it because I can and because there is need for a home for the pets that get damaged. Most people won't keep a pet after it gets damaged in some way.

Bunbun is lucky to have found you and you are lucky to have found her. Rescue pets are special. They are pets that really need us and we can give them the lives they deserve. Every day Bunbun has with you is a day she wouldn't have had if she wasn't rescued. That makes every day a gift.
Catherine

Sounds like you have done a lot of good for a lot of little buddies, keep it up :]
RogerSmith, I have only just seen this thread. Welcome to the forum! I know you already, from another forum where you are called "HunterWoods". BunBun is famous by now! He is one lucky rabbit.

BTW, why do you put your location on your profile as the USA, rather than Norway?