Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Methods of Cane Toad eradication inhumane
Thank you for the new link. I am dumbfounded, simply dumbfounded.

I must quote some of that man's words:

"....'It'll give a bit of fun for our kids and a bit of pocket money for them as well,' the crossbench MP told reporters in Townsville on Thursday...."

and

"Asked whether it was appropriate for children to be using air rifles, Mr Katter stressed the weapons would be low power before breaking out in laughter. 'Some of my friends have tried to hurt people but that's not going to happen - they're pretty harmless,' he said."

I take it all back. I thought it was only the USA that was gun crazy. It seems now that this Australian politician is going further and wanting to pay children to kill animals - for fun! Plus he seems to find the matter amusing, laughing about it.

As for the core issue of these toads spreading rapidly, it was human stupidity and interference in the environment which caused this situation. I quote again from the article:

"Cane toads have had a huge impact on native animals since being introduced from Hawaii in 1935 in a failed bid to eradicate beetles infesting sugar cane and spreading across most of northern Australia."

We humans caused this tragic situation. It is now a moral imperative to find a humane solution to this environmental disaster.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Methods of Cane Toad eradication inhumane - by LPC - 02-17-2019, 06:58 PM