Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tuna Scones For Cats.
And for our Feline-Friends, show your cat how much you love them with these 3 Ingredient Tuna Scones.

Ingredients
* 1 egg
* 220g can tuna in springwater (undrained)
* 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
Method
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, crack and whisk the egg.
Add the tuna and self-raising flour.
Mix until a dough forms.
If the dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. If the dough is too wet, add a little more flour.
Turn out onto a clean, floured surface and roll out to 1cm thickness.
Use a small scone cutter to cut 24 rounds. Place each round onto a prepared tray.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp.
Cool before serving.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
I am sure most cats would love tuna scones. I know I sure would like them. I love scones. I love canned tuna. Mixing the two together is perfect. Hot from the oven with a little butter, I can almost taste them.

Now I want a snack.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Photos please, Catslave! With being spoilt like that, I bet your cats are your slaves, haha!
I bet they look as good as they sound. I picked up some canned tuna just in case I have time to bake.
Catherine

Yum yum, Catslave! Smiley14 Those scones sound good enough for anyone! I bet humans would like them too.
I know my dog Misty would have loved those for sure!

But the cat I am looking after -Sally -is very strange about "nice things I make specially for her". I cooked a lovely piece of fish for her once and she wasn't interested. I cooked chicken, the same. But if I give her Sheba cat food pouches she wolfs them down.
Sally Cat is weird even for a cat. You should bake a plate of scones and then sit and eat them in front of her. If you offer them to her she would ignore them, but if you eat them yourself she might decide she wants them after all. 

I just have to sort out the right substitution for self rising flour. I have never seen it here. For some reason it never caught on.
I know I would like tuna scones. I even picked up more canned tuna. Of course I always pick up more canned tuna. It makes a quick meal.
Catherine