Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Spring!!!
Welcome back Spring. After a long winter we are all glad to see you.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN_SaBmN5x59luTyQeHyG...z3u-XEHL6A]

I know not all of us are enjoying actual Spring weather, but it will come. 
We survived the winter, now we deserve to enjoy the gentle weather of spring.

Just in case you doubt the season, one of my female snakes is laying her first clutch of eggs as I type this. She already has two and there will be a few more.  Spring is here.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Snakes know when it's Spring.
So does Sally Cat....she has now decided to hate her bed again Huh Smiley12 (that is early this year! It's usually May)
She is very dramatic about hating her bed. Suddenly she wil not touch it even with one paw, and refuses to take the three tiny treats I placed in there. This happened suddenly 3 days ago.
She wants to be outside ALL the time. Goodness knows where she sleeps.....
This will go on I am sure, until October Smiley13 

Happy Spring Everyone....or if you're in Australia....Happy Autumn!
What is it about Sally Cat? She is odd even for a cat. If only we could read her mind. I wonder what thoughts she has.

Yes the snakes know. If they lay their eggs too early they will not survive. It needs to be warm enough to incubate them. If they lay their eggs too late the baby will not have time to hatch and start eating properly before it turns cold and it will not survive.
Somehow they know when is the right time.

This morning a saw a flock of Robins. They were singing their hearts out announcing the spring.
I saw a lot of Grackles. It was like a raucous bird invasion. There were many Starlings and a fair number of Cardinals. I saw females giving sweet little calls and young males eying each other. They will be challenging each other soon enough.

Spring is Here!
Catherine

It's spring here in Tennessee! The dogs are loving it, the snakes are wanting to breed but none of the girls are old enough yet, and our new bird edition is loving her new weather for sure. We sit out on the porch for hours with her dancing and she's even starting to play on her jungle gym I made her. It's slow but I think she will come to love it. I know I'm loving this weather. My sinuses not so much but the more time I spend outside the better I seem to get.
Happy Spring!
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the beauties of spring weather. Our winter is still playing a few tricks on us, but they promised us rain and warmer weather tomorrow.

I can picture you out there on the porch with a happy bird. I can't wait to enjoy my new deck.

My snakes are starting to breed. Some are too old and some too young, but some of my girls are just the right age.
I am not sure about my ball python. Maybe. She is certainly putting on weight and she has quite an appetite. I do have 6 eggs in the incubator already.
At least our days are getting longer. I love having more light. Winter gets very dark.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL5ogyOXyFcChOdqmXDDc...IZOU8SAFbA]
Catherine