Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Researchers add human genes to monkey brains
This is definitely not a good thing. On all levels it is bad. I feel sad for the monkeys that are caught up in this research because whatever happens the researchers will kill them. There is no good outcome for lab animals. 

I think you may have hit on the right answer about why they are doing this. Animal /human hybrids would allow for medical research on a whole new level. It is an unethical level and it is something we need to reject if we are going to maintain ethical standards in our research.
Medical ethics is a new idea and we struggle with it. The Nazis were not the first to use humans as lab animals. The small pox vaccine was tested on work house children. They were deliberately infected and some children died. We are barely beyond that point. We still use animals with total disregard for their suffering. Having a human/monkey hybrid is going to cross the line back towards  human experimentation. It is something we can't have happen again. We need to fight this before things go too far.

Gene Six sounds interesting. Who wrote it? I can't find it under the name alone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Researchers add human genes to monkey brains - by Catherine - 04-14-2019, 05:07 PM