Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 secrets to managing dog and cat hair.
If you have pets with hair, you have a problem with pet hair. It is not a maybe or a perhaps. It is a for sure. I have guinea pigs and I have dust bunnies the size of small rats.
It seems someone has compiled some suggestions as to how to deal with all the hair.

https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/...r-shedding

I like the idea of putting stuff in the dryer before washing it. I know more bathing would help. 
No matter what your pet is, there will be hair and some of these suggestions could help.
I like the robot vacuum idea, but I think it would give up and die at my place. I also have a cage of birds that are moulting right now.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

When my mother had 2 cats, she bought a "Miele" vacuum cleaner which is/was supposed to be one of the very best for dealing with animal hair particularly on carpets, upholstery etc. It certainly seemed to do a good job, but I never had one of those.

Misty did a lot of shedding. Before she was spayed, it happened twice a year, and afterwards....all the time ! I had to vacuum my bed every day as a habit, like it or not....or sleep in a very loose furry bed! But I never kept her from the bed because of that.

I once tried vacuuming HER instead of the floors/bed, but that didn't go down well. She was scared! I thought she might like it, as some dogs do. Like a comb/massage at the same time.

I can't imagine how she would have got on with a robot.... Smiley4  

I think that if we have furry beings in our lives, it stands to reason we have to vacuum up after their dear little bodies! Undecided Heart

When they have gone, those dust bunnies become so special, warranting being collected up in a little pot and treated with nostalgia and reverence!
Massive amounts of hair are the price we pay for having furry friends. It is totally worth it. 
A Miele vacuum could handle pet hair. The little chargeable ones don't stand a chance.

I can picture you trying to vacuum Misty. Smiley4 
No pet of mine accepted vacuuming either.

The robot would be funny. I bet Misty would have taken it outside and buried it. Any cats I have had would have piled blankets on top of it and buried it. 

If you've got pets you've got pet hair. You just have to keep cleaning up all the time.

Quote: When they have gone, those dust bunnies become so special, warranting being collected up in a little pot and treated with nostalgia and reverence!
I helped clean up the house a year after the little cat died( the one I injected fluids into). Her people moved to a smaller house.
It was just over a year after her death and I found a number of big cat hair dust bunnies in many places. She died in my care while her people were out of the country and I made a point of cleaning up the cat hair before her people returned. It was as if she was still there.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine