Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year in jail for leaving dog to starve.
I absolutely agree that to do such a thing to a dog, or any other animal is a serious crime, and that should be reflected in the sentence passed.

Sadly though, I feel anyone who is capable of such selfish heartlessness is unlikely to be changed by a year in jail, or even a number of years in jail. They will blame the authorities, the judicial system, and goodness knows what else, and are probably only going to be bitter about it.
I very much doubt if being incarcerated with criminals who have committed rape, murder, and whatever else, is going to change them.

The only thing which has a hope of doing so, is something that reaches their conscience and their heart.
To become fully and deeply aware of the suffering they have caused, the betrayal of trust, and what kindness feels like (and what it feels like to be utterly abandoned by kindness)
And then to start to learn what love is.

That poor dear dog. My prayers and kindest wishes for its Soul in the next world.

Messages In This Thread
RE: One year in jail for leaving dog to starve. - by Tobi - 04-21-2019, 12:30 AM