Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Reptile Room
It’s taking me a few days to get this video to even work. I just threw it together on my phone but it was having issues the first time I tried saving it as a video. Finally had time today to try again.

I’ve been wanting to show off the reptile room but I kept forgetting or I was busy. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/XvcITYRT0V4
WOW!
You have a real reptile room!  With all your supplies and tanks together! Where you can control the room temperature and humidity!!! Where you can fully control lighting and day length. Where you can give each of your reptiles the special conditions they need. That is something every reptile person wants. You must love having a reptile room.

I have a fogger like yours, but I never thought of using it quite like that. I need to do some thinking about how that idea would let me raise the humidity of my golden skinks.

You have some nice tanks and I notice you have a set that are not in use. You either have room for new reptiles or for boarding reptiles. Either way is good. You have a lot set up and you still have room to do more. You will end up taking in rescue reptiles. So few people do that.

It must be handy having your freezer in there.

I love your screened porch. You can let some of your animals loose in there. Would it ever be possible to let the snakes out to roam in the porch. Is it sealed enough? You certainly could have a chameleon in there. It is a perfect place to relax with your animals.

I am impressed with what you have done. Keep me posted on what you are doing with your room.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I just had a brilliant idea. I’m upgrading the fish I’m sitting. Might actually be keeping him. Anyway I’m upgrading him to a 10 gallon tank that I have and it got me thinking. I have 3 20 gallon tanks. 2 are long and one will be For my younger leopard gecko. The other long is specifically for reptiles and I hate it because the lid sticks. The 3rd is a tall 20 gallon for fish. So I might be replacing that blue tub with the mister with that tall tank. Stick a filter on it and everything to help keep the water clean! Plus it will look like a little pond! This is what I’m taking about always coming up with new ideas.
That is a good idea for the mister. It will look better in a glass tank. You are going to be constantly changing things and finding better ways to do things. That is a fun thing about having reptiles and other assorted pets. There are always things you can do to make life better. I love doing tank makeovers. I am forever shifting tanks around. I am always looking for the perfect layout.

You will shift and move and redecorate and it will always seem better each time. Then you will get a new idea and things will happen again. Having an actual reptile room makes it even more fun. You can decorate with reptile themed ideas.

Let me know how the mister in the tank works out. I don't even have my mister set up yet, but I need to.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine