Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat food recalled because of Bovine TB
There is another pet food recall. This time it is cat food contaminated with bovine TB. Many cats and a few owners have contracted the disease. Natural Instinct wild venison cat food was found to be the source. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho...20606.html

The cat food in question is part of a line of raw foods. There is some controversy around raw foods. It is thought that they are not the easiest to handle safely. The pet food company has discontinued  the wild venison line and hopefully they will discontinue all the raw food lines.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I didn't know deer could carry/be infected by bovine TB.
That is not the first raw food recall I have heard about. I help out on a dogs' medical help forum, and regularly post updates about dog food recalls.

There are always some raw foods recalled. Quite regularly. But this is the first I'd heard of the bovine TB.
I suspect bovine TB can transmit to a number of animals.

I noticed that raw foods seem to be recalled regularly. It is beginning to look like raw food diets are not very safe.

It would be infuriating to be exposed to TB because of pet food. It is bad enough that some pets got sick, some people got sick as well. The whole pet food industry seems to be very careless about the food they produce. I would be afraid to feed it to my pet. Too many pets have gotten sick because of tainted food.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine