Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orangutan Artist
It seems that the male Orangutan at the Houston Zoo is an artist. A number of zoo animals are famous for their work. Their is a whole side to our animal brothers and sisters that we seldom see.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...to-6104469

So do you wonder if your hamster or guinea pig can paint. What about my snakes? Maybe they have hidden talents that I have never let them use. Undecided
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wow! I think his work is really nice.
I particularly like the turquoise-blue picture....and no.13. But there are a couple of others I like as well. He seems quite happy doing his thing....even if he is in a zoo.
Orangutan's are pretty mellow. As long as they have a nice place to live, they don't mind where it is. They are adaptable like people.

He does nice work doesn't he. He seems to really enjoy painting. I think a lot of the primates and even the elephants like painting. I wonder if it could be set up for them to decorate their own living spaces. I know they rearrange things to the way they want them.

He has a nice use of colour. The turquoise-blue picture is pretty.
It would be interesting to give him different types of paper and different paints and see what he produces.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine