Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I did a thing...
I found a breeder semi close by who is selling his whole collection and getting out of the hobby. This is beautiful girl Mojave Ball python het. Axanthic and Spider.
I’ve been looking on and off for fairly inexpensive morphs and this girl is one of the best examples of Mojave I’ve ever seen that I had to jump at it once he confirmed the sex. I have a ton of males but now I’ll finally have 2 females! Now I just need an unrelated male Mojave and I could possibly breed to get a blue eyed Lucy!
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGWMvEB0-J/...swydmtg6x8
She is beautiful! I like the Mojaves.
 Blue eyed snakes would be very pretty. If you don't find a Mojave male there are other colour options. What colours of males do you have? World of Ball Pythons has a breeding calculator that will tell you what to expect.
Sometimes buying a collection is a good way to get started. Now you just have to think over who should go with who.

what ball pythons do you have now?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

She is a lovely healthy-looking snake, Libby. She has beautiful markings!
I have a female fire. A pastel male, 2 normal males. now a female Mojave het for axanthic and I talk to the breeder again and he’s going to give me another adult female Mojave het ghost. So I’ll have some good starter options. My goal is to breed enough to sell to pay for their food, vet care, new enclosures as needed. I’m about there. Next year I should be able to start breeding so I’m starting to look into ball python morphs more.
That will make 6 ball pythons. 2 Columbian rainbow boas het for Leucitic, and 1 Columbian Hypo redtail boa. Not a bad start.
You have a good collection now. You should be able to come up with some nice clutches.

Incase you don't have the link to World of Ball Pythons.

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard?male=&female=

You can spend hours looking at morphs and figuring out how to breed then.

I have a dessert ghost male, but there would be no way to get him to you. I have no female here who is suited to his genetics.

It is going to be fun when the Colombian Rainbows breed. They give live birth so you have to be ready for them. You could actually witness a live birth.  Next year you will have baby snakes for sure. You could possibly get ball python eggs this year. I am hoping for ball python eggs. They did breed so there should be eggs soon.
Catherine

I’ve been playing around with the calculator to figure what all I can breed. I got the adult Mojave female this morning Hopefully after a short quarantine I’ll pair her with Zuko the pastel. Just to start off.
She actually shed as I drove her home so she’s beautiful! She’s also very calm. I only held her for a short time but I got some good pictures of her in the sun before putting her away.

I’ll post pictures once I shower her off to my husband. I’m telling you she’s a stunner!
The Mojave morph is beautiful. I bet your girl is special. If she is big enough you may as well pair her off. The pastel/Mojave cross sounds promising. Mojave X Mojave is also good. Even Mojave with a normal will give good results.
Your female Fire could produce some nice babies. 

I can spend hours with the Genetic Wizard.
I have a male Carmel Albino Dessert Ghost. Nothing I have access to is a match for him. Every cross I have looked at would just give us normals. If I ever come across a ghost female or an albino I would breed him.

With my corn snakes I have so many choices with the snakes I already have. I have multiple recessive genes that I am working with. It is too bad that I have such a unique ball python and no way to breed him well. 

You have some nice genetics going on in your collection. You might even get some eggs this year.
The first time you see eggs hatch it is amazing! So is every other hatching after that. It never gets old.
I have six clutches of corn snake eggs in the incubator and possibly more to come. I am excited to see what hatches.
You never really know for sure until you see them come out of the egg.
Catherine

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByTvzMqB5j1/...bv1j0i3wz3
Here’s my big girl. I have her and the other girl in Quarantine for a few weeks. We are going to wait 2 weeks before feeding them the first time with us. Little girl might not eat because he had her on mice so we will see. He said she was a good eater though. I hope we do get eggs this year. Turns out she hasn’t breed before but I’ll give it a try that’s for sure. I think we are going to look for a male banana and I know that will make some awesome Mojave Bananas!
She is beautiful. She has very nice Mojave colouring. She is a good size so she could breed this year. 
If you had a male Mojave you could get blue eyed white snakes. 

https://www.xyzreptiles.com/white-blue-eyed-lucy-snake/

This is what I am trying to produce. So far I have had no eggs. Maybe this year.

There are some amazing colours of ball pythons and you have the genetics to produce some interesting things. 
I can't wait for your first clutch. It is going to be so exciting for you.

A male Banana would be good. Do you have a chance of getting one? 
I have just been looking at pictures of Mojave Bananas and they are amazing. You could breed your Fire to a Banana and get interesting results.

However if you get  blue eyed white you can sell it for a ridiculously high price because people really want them.
Catherine

My goal snake is to get a blue eyed Lucy which is why I was so willing to jump at the two unrelated Mojave girls. With any luck I’ll get a male Mojave out of my older girl and I’ll breed that male to the younger female once they both grow up.
Best case scenario I get a male Mojave out of my first clutch but even if I don’t I’ll definitely keep at least 1 Mojave girl so we will see.
I almost got a blue eyed Lucy 2 years ago but the deal fell through. Which is why we switched to the 100% het Lucy rainbow boas since they were available and I wanted to get onto boas as well. I’m breeding more to get the snakes I want rather than trying to make money from them. But I would like to be able to sell enough to move forward in breeding if that makes since.

We are 1 week into quarantine for our big girl so 5 more weeks to breeding with any luck.

I do have a question. Typically you put a male in with the female but I don’t have a fancy enclosure for the two new girls so I’m curious if I could put the female in with the male. Otherwise it’s no big deal to house them in a tub I know.