Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Pine snake is laying eggs
It looks like my pine snake Daniel is expecting. After she lost her mate of many years I introduced her to Jasper the Gopher Snake.
[Image: uYKNq2WbNlGIv_PxWDE2hOziAP4RgUqcKfKIGbKZ...=w228-h291]

They seem very happy together
[Image: Un5rMrEexc1pu7XV0eA09gU8kKk653F6IkgZuHlb...=w517-h291]
Danny is the upper one with solid colour. Jasper has the brown and gold makings.

This last month Danny has been so hungry. She has been eating enough for three snakes.
And  she has gotten fatter. On feeding day she refused food and now she is restless and can't seem to get comfortable. Those are delivery signs. I have her all set up in a safe, suitable place so she can lay eggs in peace. Now I get to worry until she actually lays her eggs. It could take days. Snakes are in no hurry once they are ready to lay eggs. It can take hours for each egg and they always have a number of them. I am going to be worrying until this is over. Then I get to worry about the eggs until they hatch.

I have had Danny since she hatched in 2010. I wish there was more I could do for her, but she knows I am here.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

When I left for work  this morning  Danny had laid one egg so far. It was at least 6 inches long. That is a large egg. 
I am sure she will be fine. It is probably better that she is alone and can lay her eggs in peace.
Still I worry. I  can't  wait for work to be over so I can go and check on her.
Catherine

I came home tp find Danny laying her last egg.

[Image: 3tjpfh0zbIWtxHoSuN1xeJXuXILYy-rCbSxseH0x...=w517-h291]
Considering how big the eggs are  she did very well.

[Image: HpwEVcPV2aFDgsxxljCl9D-wUF9VUgdTIB8-bpNM...=w164-h291]

Here they are all safely in an egg box.
[Image: xDB9PlvTZc8E3H4kqii4EwQql20VFHCshuhC0K1A...=w164-h291] There are seven eggs and they look good. 

[Image: -tB2FOs8CW0MBVZD5rFWXAKlnFdNQGF23Sb88g4K...=w164-h291] I think at least 5 of them will hatch.

Now after the worry and the excitement comes the waiting.
I think they will hatch around the beginning of September.

Danny looks good and seems to be resting quietly back in her home tank. She is a good mom, just like Ella her mom.

Now I can't wait to see the babies hatch.
Catherine