Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drowning risk for dogs
I am not blaming that poor woman who lost Max to the water. She loved him very much, and is doing her best to raise awareness, and safety precautions for dogs on that unpredictable river.

But I think very often, humans don't understand rivers, or bodies of water very well. They may not know about undertows and currents. They may not be aware of steeper banks further down or up river. They may assume that their dogs are "water dogs", and strong swimmers, and have swum there before.

That is what happened with the nice old lady and her young, strong dog. That dog had swum in the river lots of times. That day when Misty and I happened along was the one day the dog decided to swim further downstream. The old lady was not helping either, as she was following the dog instead of going back to the place where the dog entered the water, and calling from there.

But yeah....Misty and I became locally famous for "saving Maggie." Misty helped of course, by just being there and giving k9 moral support....but she was river-phobic (sensible girl!)

Messages In This Thread
Drowning risk for dogs - by Catherine - 08-04-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Drowning risk for dogs - by Catslave - 08-05-2019, 09:48 AM
RE: Drowning risk for dogs - by Catherine - 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: Drowning risk for dogs - by Tobi - 08-07-2019, 07:44 AM
RE: Drowning risk for dogs - by Catherine - 08-07-2019, 04:06 PM
RE: Drowning risk for dogs - by Tobi - 08-08-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Drowning risk for dogs - by Catherine - 08-08-2019, 03:24 PM