Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Cockatiels in Toronto
There have been sightings of a lost cockatiel in the west end of Toronto lately. It should be easy to connect with the owners of the lost bird and help them get him back. The trouble is that there are a number of missing cockatiels from all over the area. It seems that cockatiels have been taking off all over the city. It is summer and it is warm enough for them and there is plenty to eat. They are not quite ready to come home yet.

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/toron...-for-weeks

Looking at the pictures I would say the bird people are seeing is not the missing Scarborough  cockatiel. The colour is a bit different. It looks more like the Etobicoke bird.  Maybe.  It could be a completely different bird.

I am beginning to think cockatiels are escape artists or their people are just too trusting with them. It only takes a few seconds for a bird to fly out a window or door. 

I know someone who takes her cockatiels outside. She has special harnesses for them. They can even fly in the harness, but they can't get away.  It might be worth it to protect your bird from getting away. 

I hope the current lost cockatiel find his way home soon.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine