Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five great books about insects
I found an article that reviews five books about insects. Since insects are the most numerous type of life on the planet it might be good to know more about them.  All five books look very good. The pictures would be amazing. If nothing else, insects are not ordinary looking and books about them would be exciting. Their colours and designs are amazing and unusual. 

https://www.popsci.com/just-five-great-b...bout-bugs/

I could definitely use The Field Guide to Insects of North America. Since they banned pesticides in my city I am seeing some amazing creatures in my garden. 
The Book of Beetles shows pictures of 600 of the more than 350,000 species of beetles. That is an incredible number of species. You couldn't possibly learn them all.
Innumerable Insects: The Story of the Most Diverse and Myriad Animals on Earth. The tittle says it all. Once you start looking at them insects are fascinating.
Microsculpture: Portraits of Insects would be like looking at a complex art book. There is no doubt that insects are like an art form. Their colours and shapes are incredible.
Who doesn't love butterflies. Reading The Life Cycles of Butterflies would be delightful. 

All I have right now is a book about bees. I think I need to do some book shopping.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine