Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning the guinea pigs by candle light
We had a power outage right in the middle of my nightly guinea pig cleaning. Guinea pigs are very conservative and they do not like odd things to happen. I couldn't leave them half cleaned so I had to get out my candles and carry on.
The piggies did give me some odd looks and they were talking to each other a lot.Smiley48

I think they think I am a little big crazy. After all since I turn the lights on in the morning, then it must be my fault that the lights went off. 26

I was lucky, the power came back after a few hours, but some people had to wait longer. I worry about blackouts when it is cold out. The furnace does not come on without electricity. It was a big area that was in the dark so I couldn't just pack up the piggies and go next door.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-16-2014, 02:41 PM)Catherine Wrote: We had a power outage right in the middle of my nightly guinea pig cleaning. Guinea pigs are very conservative and they do not like odd things to happen. I couldn't leave them half cleaned so I had to get out my candles and carry on.
The piggies did give me some odd looks and they were talking to each other a lot.Smiley48

I think they think I am a little big crazy. After all since I turn the lights on in the morning, then it must be my fault that the lights went off. 26

I was lucky, the power came back after a few hours, but some people had to wait longer. I worry about blackouts when it is cold out. The furnace does not come on without electricity. It was a big area that was in the dark so I couldn't just pack up the piggies and go next door.

I can see why they were giving you some odd looks, it must have been a strange sight cleaning by candlelight (for some strange reason my smilies are not working and I can't add them on)
Guinea pigs are creatures of habit, aren't they?
Ours will let you know if they think supper time has passed or if we are staying up too late with the light on.
As we've said before, we are just the keepers, they are the bosses!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Guinea pigs waste no time telling you they think you are doing something wrong. They like things a certain way. I tried telling them that candle light is fun, but they seemed a little unsure. They had a lot to say about it. Of course it did not stop them from eating.

You are right. We know who is the boss. I not only buy vegetables that I don't like, I buy vegetables that I am allergic to, just because the piggies like them. They have me well trained.Smiley4
Catherine

(04-20-2014, 03:17 PM)Catherine Wrote: Guinea pigs waste no time telling you they think you are doing something wrong. They like things a certain way. I tried telling them that candle light is fun, but they seemed a little unsure. They had a lot to say about it. Of course it did not stop them from eating.

You are right. We know who is the boss. I not only buy vegetables that I don't like, I buy vegetables that I am allergic to, just because the piggies like them. They have me well trained.Smiley4

Yes, I definitely can agree with you there, piggies are the bosses of us. They have got me well trained. Mine certainly eat better than us. I wish my children would eat as good as them!
I have often said that I wish Anna would get as excited over a bit of salad as the Piggies do!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
They have me so well trained I only plan to shop when piggie food is running low and then most of the food in the cart is for the guinea pigs. Of course they do share.

Speaking of creatures of habit. The snakes get fed on Sundays. They always know it is feeding day. I was home Good Friday and the snakes all assumed me being home meant that the next day is Sunday and they were mad when I did not feed them. At least I know how they know when I am going to feed them. They get fed the day after a day off. Very clever.
Catherine