Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sold Fred
(04-19-2014, 03:41 PM)Catherine Wrote: I really hope Fred is okay and I totally understand your situation. Fred was well when you sold him. I am wondering how long he sat and where he sat when they were at MacDonalds. And what else are they not telling you.
It is every breeders nightmare. You sell a perfectly healthy pet. It really is well when it leaves your home. Somehow things go wrong and the people are upset, but there is always some reason, something they are not telling you.

One of my hamsters "got sick and died" after he left my place. Then the daughter let slip that they put the cage together wrong, it collapsed and crushed him and he died from his injuries. That is hardly the same as getting sick. (I have an even worse story that I try not to think about)

I wonder if you will ever know what happened to Fred to cause a problem. I just hope he is okay. The fact that they did not think to bring the carrier in might be a sign that they did not understand rabbits.
He was healthy when he left your place so it is not your fault, but you do feel bad that things are going wrong for Fred. I feel for you.

Me and a friend of mine who is also a rabbit breeder worked it out about Fred. The not eating was down to the stress of moving which I think was made worse by the woman carrying Fred from the shed to the car where they left the carrier. He struggled against her to get out of her arms and I remember being worried that she was going to drop him. That in itself stressed the poor guy out. There was no hay or straw in the carrier, I'm guessing probably only newspaper so the travelling one and a half hours plus maybe half an hour on top of that to eat at McDonalds, that rabbit sat in his own urine for that long and that is probably what made his eyes sore.

Also, I asked the woman what bedding she used and she said just newspaper, no shavings or straw, just newspaper. So I said about the urine causing the eyes to be sore and she said that he didn't wee much and he used his litter tray. That rabbit has never been toilet trained so I doubt very much he used one straight away. I offered her some advice, I told her to get some shavings and straw for his bedding because that's what he's used to and it would be far more comfortable for him when he comes out. I also think she should cancel the x-ray at the vet, I don't know how that would help when all the vet would have to do is shine a torch down his throat to check his back teeth? My friend told me there's no need for an x-ray at all.

I can honestly see how their previous rabbit died at 10 months old if that's how they look after them. I really hope she takes my advice. I am worried about Fred and now I wish I hadn't sold him to them.

Messages In This Thread
Sold Fred - by hungrypigs - 04-19-2014, 01:16 AM
RE: Sold Fred - by Catherine - 04-19-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Sold Fred - by hungrypigs - 04-20-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Sold Fred - by Catherine - 04-20-2014, 03:33 PM
RE: Sold Fred - by hungrypigs - 04-21-2014, 05:02 PM
RE: Sold Fred - by Catherine - 04-22-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: Sold Fred - by hungrypigs - 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Sold Fred - by Catherine - 04-26-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Sold Fred - by hungrypigs - 05-13-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Sold Fred - by Catherine - 05-13-2014, 02:21 PM