Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match the tracks
Animal tracks in the snow can be hard to identify. I found a list of 7 pictures. Take a look and see how many you can get right.

https://www.orangeville.com/community-st...-caledon-/

How did I do? I recognized the squirrel. Even the experts didn't get number 7. They are right, without size and context it is hard to be sure.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I only got 2.  The one I thought was "bird" turned out to be Turkey! I have never seen cottontail rabbit tracks,  or Turkey tracks, or Coyote....but I was right with Coyote!
The last one, I thought "bear"....but it turns out  must be wrong. If those were bear tracks, people would have known. Abominable Snowman? Smiley4
I should have known the cotton tail rabbit tracks. After all the pictures are from Ontario and I have seen the tracks many times. I thought they were deer. I have seen deer tracks many times.  I must be really out of practice. I would never have guessed porcupine. I have never seen their tracks in winter. 
That unknown one is tough. Bears hibernate in the winter so you don't see their tracks in the snow. It could be a person with high boots on and a long stride. 
Why didn't I think of coyote.  It wasn't so easy was it?
Catherine

I think I saw porcupine tracks this morning. They were strange enough to be porcupine tracks.
Catherine