Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban the sale of tiny hutches
Thanks Catherine. Yes, my own rabbits Alfie and Fearne have free range in my house, downstairs only though, I cannot properly bunny proof upstairs where my office is. There isn't any cage, but if they want to get away into the dark there are plenty of places they can do that. Their favourite is under my armchair. They have toys and tunnels, unlimited hay, green leafy veggies once a day, a small number of pellets once a day (per our diet advice) and whenever they are ill (thankfully rare) they go to the vet without any hesitation. They get their vaccinations (Nobivac plus Filavac, two weeks apaart) every year as is essential to protect them from these deadly illnesses. Because I am elderly and far less mobile than I used to be I can no longer assure their safety in the garden but previous rabbits used to have access to that as well, under supervision

What a far cry from the lives they might have lived, shut alone in a tiny hutch and forgotten for most of every day.

Rabbits are natural athletes who need the freedom to be able to run, hop, and show their enjoyment of life with binkies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hga1-ZlSQ
A hutch is not enough
www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk
Reg Charity 1167093

Messages In This Thread
Ban the sale of tiny hutches - by RWAF - 02-07-2020, 01:57 AM
RE: Ban the sale of tiny hutches - by Tobi - 02-07-2020, 04:10 AM
RE: Ban the sale of tiny hutches - by RWAF - 02-07-2020, 05:49 AM
RE: Ban the sale of tiny hutches - by Catherine - 02-07-2020, 04:46 PM
RE: Ban the sale of tiny hutches - by RWAF - 02-07-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: Ban the sale of tiny hutches - by Catherine - 02-08-2020, 05:01 PM