Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropical Bird rescue in Alberta
An Alberta couple opened a store called the Birdhouse that sells supplies. That led to them taking in a friend's birds. After that people brought them birds and they ended up with a bird rescue called Meika's Safehouse. Now a decade later they provide a home for more than 60 abandoned and surrendered birds.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/nowornever/meet...-1.5454534

It think it is wonderful what they are doing for birds in their area. Not all regular animal shelters and rescues can take in birds like parrots. They need very specialized care from people who understand their needs. Looking after 60 parrots, cockatiels and birds like that is a lot of work. These are two very special people. They do this all day every day. Without them who knows what would have happened to all the birds they have rescued. It is nice to know that there are such good people out there. I am sure the birds are grateful.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wonderful people I know from having different birds over the years they have varying dietary needs not as straightforward as everyone thinks.
Quote:Wonderful people I know from having different birds over the years they have varying dietary needs not as straightforward as everyone thinks.

I am beginning to understand how complicated birds are. Just keeping two canaries and a budgie happy is a lot of work. 
They are amazing people. Can you imagine keeping 60 different birds happy. It must be quite a chorus when they are all singing and talking. Not too many people could do what they do.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine