Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May you and all your companion animals stay safe!
This picture has gone all over the net today. It gives good health advice during the current pandemic:

[Image: english.jpg]
My kind and optimistic thoughts to everyone here. May you all stay safe and healthy!

I am dubious about the "one meter" social distancing rule, however ! The safest thing to do is lock down and literally stay away from other people physically as much as possible. Don't have visitors to the house. Keep in touch with relatives and friends via phone, email, Facebook, Facetime, and Skype.

Anyone who has dogs to walk, still do it. Just keep away or at a good distance from others. Wave and shout hello to people you know. Give them a smile and a thumbs-up, ask if they are all right or ever need any help and if so, help in a sensible no-contact way (with food left on their doorstep, or even with instructions written down about how to shop online (some older people are not used to this) then drop it in their letterbox or mailbox....etc)

We are told the panic buying (in UK and elsewhere) will end. But shelves are still empty here as far as I know. Online orders still work with most stores but there are long waits for delvery (up to a month or longer) Hopefully that will improve over the next couple of weeks.

It may be wise when receiving deliveries of groceries or other items, to place any non-permeable items like plastic wrapped packets or cans etc into a sink of warm-ish water and scrub them with washing up liquid (dish soap) before drying and putting them away. Wash hands after receiving ANY delivery of anything.

Anyone who has enough land/garden space to grow vegetables, plant seeds to start growing them now. If the stores re-stock, you will just have some extra fresh organic free food to last through the summer, or even to freeze for later.

Blessings and stay safe everyone 28
Great post, Tobi!
I hope you and your family and Forgy and Alpacas....are all safe and well LPC  Smile
Thank you for the post. I love the images. It is similar to something I saw.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZUuZ8UOAzldC3F373N...f3qELGf6Dg]

I tell people to leave room for my llama.

If we all follow the rules we will be safe and we will get through this.

Your advice is great, Tobi. We can help each other safely and we can keep in touch with people safely.
You are right about handling packages and deliveries. People need to be careful.

I think your food situation is more serious than mine. We are getting food shipments and now they are limiting people so they can't  horde. They are also limiting how many people can be in a store at one time. 

I hope both of you and all our other members are able to stay home and be safe.

Some of you know I am a support worker and I go into people's homes. I am considered essential services and I am still working full time. All of our staff have reported for work and I am proud of them. I am being extremely careful. I have serious infection control protocols. The people I go to need my help. That is why I am putting myself at risk. People who work in grocery stores and drive buses are putting themselves at risk for all of us. So are hospital staff and police and fire fighters.

If those of you who can stay home, do stay home, you help make it safer for those of us who do need to go to work.

I would love to spend this time at home with my animals. I would feel safer. I go because I must.
When I am not working I am stating home like the rest of you.

I carry masks, gloves, a spray bottle of alcohol, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes with me at all times.
I will be okay.
I even have toilet paper!!!!

Be safe, we will get through this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I like the idea of a "Llama space" ! Smiley4  It would be funny indeed if every shopper took a Llama with them to the supermarket Smiley16  I wonder what they would all make of that? It's likely the Llamas would find some interesting greens in there to shoplift....
Canada has a new image for physically distancing. We are to leave room for the length of a hockey stick.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/new...oronavirus

I like the two dog length idea too.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTB77B0w8RNu_y-7TSQa...t&usqp=CAU]

My favourite is still the Llama space.  Even if the llama ate most of the veggies before I even paid for them, it would still be worth it. No one is getting too close if I have a llama.

I could probably get all the space I need if I brought a baby snake with me. The crowd would part for sure.  Of course they are not actually any crowds anymore. Six feet is one snake length, depending on the kind of snake.

I still like the llama.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine