Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grooming your own dog is not so easy.
Forgy was terrified of having his back or tail touched when he first joined us. He was presumably ill-treated before he was admitted to the refuge. He was in there for three months, and during that time they tried, to their credit, to deal with his severely matted fur. When he came to live with us, his fur was still quite matted - but we left it for a few months, as he was so nervous of his back and tail being touched. Fear takes time to pass, both for humans and other animals.

Anyway, four years down the line, and with loving care (and treats given during the trimming) he will now allow us to cut his fur without too much protest. He would never have tolerated a stranger touching his back and tail in the first couple of years, so we have trimmed his fur from the beginning. I bought a battery powered trimmer and curved safety scissors. We do it a little at a time, but regularly, so he is almost used to it now.

As for my hair....well, I am very lucky, as Tamara was trained as a hairdresser when she was young (although she did not do it for long), so I get my hair cut at home and for free!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grooming your own dog is not so easy. - by LPC - 04-20-2020, 08:51 PM