Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Ikea furniture for your pet
I like the convenience of Ikea furniture. Now it seems it is also versatile. People have found ways to use ordinary Ikea furniture to make specialty pet furniture.
It usually involves a few changes or simply using the furniture differently.  The doll bed makes a great cat bed. The drawer works as a dog bed. The cat litter space and the cat play system are a little more complicated, but a good use of furniture and space.

https://www.bhg.com.au/ikea-hacks-for-pets

These are really good ideas for people who have pets in small spaces. The bed with a drawer is useful. Using that drawer as a pull out dog bed is clever. Your dog can sleep right there beside you even though you have a single bed and a small room. The dog bed disappears under the bed when you close the drawer.

I think the cat litter  hiding spot may be the best way to deal with cat litter I have ever seen. In a small space with no room for a litter pan on the floor, having the litter inside a bathroom /laundry cabinet is really thinking. Cats love private spaces. The cat could go in the little cat door and have all the privacy they want.
We don't have to watch them or look at a dirty litter pan afterwards.
I use the bins they show for spare litter,  as bins for my guinea pig food and as a guinea pig laundry hamper. They are compact and clean and with the handle I can carry the guinea pig laundry to the washing machine when I am ready to do laundry. They are actually garbage bins, but for storing litter or guinea pig pellets they are great.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine