Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medication Transfer
Hello,

I am curious to find out if medication I take daily can be transferred to my cat. My cat is healthy but he likes to bite on my fingers when he plays. My concern, is it possible that my prescribed medication can be licked or passed on through play via my skin? Might sound like a stupid question but it also seems possible.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter Costa
Welcome to the forum! I hope that you will contribute to other discussions in the future, on other topics as well. New members are always welcome.

Regarding your query, please state the name of the medication which you are taking. Washing your hands thoroughly after taking oral medications should remove residues, but perhaps you are referring to some kind of topical cream or ointment which is applied on to the hands and has to be left to soak in?

However, it is probably best to address your query to a vet, as s/he will have the necessary in-depth knowledge of medications.

Every best wish to you!
Welcome to the forum. That is a very good question. Certainly a skin cream could be a problem. Oral medications are another issue. You will need to ask your veterinarian, but you raise a good point. It is possible that some medications could be excreted in our sweat. It is worth looking in to. If you learn something from your vet please let us know.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine