Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help our dog Jessie in need of warm wishes and donations
Hello to everyone who is reading this!

Our beloved pup Jessie is currently being hospitalized at Animal Medical Center. She had to have emergency surgery on Monday night (9/7). 

Jessie's stomach looked abnormally large that evening. She was trying to vomit with no success. I immediately saw that this was an emergency situation that had to be addressed.  Jessie was taken to the Elmhurst Animal Emergency Hospital where she was diagnosed with Bloat. In order to save her life, emergency surgery had to happen immediately to untwist her stomach.

The Elmhurst Animal Emergency Hospital referred us to to the Animal Medical Center in Manhattan. While her stomach untwisted on its own (thank goodness!) her spleen could not be saved.

She's currently in the ER where the doctors are monitoring a heart arrhythmia due to the removal of her spleen. While she's doing ok, the vets don't feel it's safe to release her.

In her 8 years of life, she has given me so much joy and I want to ensure she has the best treatment and a good fighting chance to survive.

Jessie has touched my life and so many others with her beautiful smile and warm crystal blue eyes.

The estimate for her vet bill came out to a whopping 9,400. I am humbly asking for your donations to help with this unexpected surgery to save her life. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for reading and hope you will join me in helping Jessie.

Thank you,
Jessie's mom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that your dog has been so sick. I hope she recovers and comes home to you. I hope you have success raising funds.
I know vet bills can be very expensive.
Keep us posted on how she is doing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(09-10-2020, 03:21 PM)Catherine Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that your dog has been so sick. I hope she recovers and comes home to you. I hope you have success raising funds.
I know vet bills can be very expensive.
Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Hi Catherine, thank you so much. Yes I will keep updates here.
Thank-you. I hope Jessie is continuing to recover.
Catherine

(09-11-2020, 04:04 PM)Catherine Wrote: Thank-you. I hope Jessie is continuing to recover.

Yes us too! Last night Jessie was doing ok and seemed to sleep well.
I am glad  the news is good. We have all been there with a sick pet and when the pet gets recovers the world feels right again.
Catherine

(09-12-2020, 02:50 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am glad  the news is good. We have all been there with a sick pet and when the pet gets recovers the world feels right again.

Yes I am too. Thank you.
I hope Jessie is having a good day and continues to recover. Please keep us posted.
Catherine

Thank you. Will do.
I'm sorry about Jessie. I know that panic all too well. My experience unfortunately didn't have a happy ending. I hope she heals well. I'm so glad you were able to get Jessie help!

Back in 2007 around this time of year I lost my - 10yr old Basset Hound- Bailey to bloat. I was 17 y.o. and in school. I road the bus home that day. When I got home at 4:00 PM her stomach was huge. I called my mom crying and begging her to come come because I knew Bailey was dying and in pain. I'd seen enough Animal Planet shows to know exactly what I was seeing. My mom didn't get home until 5:30 PM because her work wouldn't let her leave. That was one of the worst days I've ever had.