Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescued dog rescues her owner
Sadie is a big German shepherd whose owners couldn't keep her when they moved. She ended up at the Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge. Because of her size other shelters couldn't take her.  She was a nervous dog and hard to place.  Brian Myers connected with her and adopted her. They were doing well together. During the Pandemic they had a lot of time to be together. Brian caught covid and struggled to get over it. Sadie was with him the whole time. Just when it seemed that he had recovered, he had a stroke. He ended up on the floor unable to move, unable to reach his phone and unable to get help. Sadie came to him and dragged him to his phone. That saved his life. With medical help he was able to recover. He was in hospital for weeks. His brother stayed with Sadie and let her Face Time Brian. 
Finally he came home and Sadie got to see him again. She was over joyed. Now he plans to write a children's book about Sadie to encourage people to adopt pets.

https://www.yourtango.com/2021340886/res...wners-life

When Brian took home Sadie he thought he was rescuing her. She actually saved his life. This is a fairly dramatic rescue, but in many ways rescue pets do rescue us. They bring so much to us that our lives are better. They bring out the good in us and brighten our days. Sadie might be the best of the rescuers, but other rescue animals do their best too. I hope Sadie gets recognition for what she did.  She deserves the very best for the rest of her life. Somehow I think she is going to get it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a wonderful story! Sadie dragged him to the phone! What an amazing dog Angel 

Sometimes I think, when a dog is rescued, they make a very strong bond with the one who brings life back to them after what they have been through before. It can be very deep.
I think rescue animals really do form deep bonds. Sadie was also amazingly smart. She knew to drag him to the phone. Non of my pets have ever been that smart.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine