Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Rio xx
Everyone, I'd like you to meet my latest addition, Rio. He is a Lionhead Lop, not sure about his colour yet, and he is 4 years old. He came with a guinea pig friend (I shall post photos in the guinea pig section later) and his football.

[Image: DSC06253_zps3c7817ae.jpg]
[Image: DSC06271_zpsea2d0ef9.jpg]
[Image: DSC06291_zps52fd0dd0.jpg]
Rio is a handsome lad.
A guinea pig and a football? I am sure there is an interesting story here. You are going to tell us aren't you?

However it has happened he will be a fine addition to your rabbits and he will be happy with you. Do you have a lady picked out for him?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(06-08-2014, 03:59 PM)Catherine Wrote: Rio is a handsome lad.
A guinea pig and a football? I am sure there is an interesting story here. You are going to tell us aren't you?

However it has happened he will be a fine addition to your rabbits and he will be happy with you. Do you have a lady picked out for him?

Apparently he loves the football, runs around with it, and it's also why he has the name Rio, after the footballer Rio Ferdinand.

I do have several ladies in mind for him, but it won't be until later in the year once the girls have had their rest. Lionheads, I have Gia and her daughter, Claudine, in mind. Mini Lops, there is Willow and Maisie (one of my new additions). Maisie is a magpie so the colour possibilities would be interesting, as Rio is a Tricolour.

Here's Maisie (she's the mom of Nibbles and Noodles) and I collected her last week along with the other "sister" and a new litter of six 5 week old kits. The "sister" turns out to be a buck and if he had stayed any longer with mom then she would have ended up pregnant again.

[Image: DSC06235_zps68123ad4.jpg]
Maisie is lovely. I can see some interesting possibilities if you pair her with Rio.
Good thing you got Maisie when you did. She needs a rest before she has another litter. Are you going to keep her young son. What colour is he?

Rio's name makes sense. The bunny I board has a fuzzy ball and he travels with it and plays with it all the time. It must be a bunny thing.

So how many rabbits do you have or is that classified information.Smiley4
Catherine

(06-09-2014, 02:46 PM)Catherine Wrote: Maisie is lovely. I can see some interesting possibilities if you pair her with Rio.
Good thing you got Maisie when you did. She needs a rest before she has another litter. Are you going to keep her young son. What colour is he?

Rio's name makes sense. The bunny I board has a fuzzy ball and he travels with it and plays with it all the time. It must be a bunny thing.

So how many rabbits do you have or is that classified information.Smiley4

Rio bit me this morning Confused I'd just put his food in and was stroking him and he suddenly bit me hard, drew blood. There was no warning at all. I've never had a rabbit bite me before, usually they warn me to stay away by grunting or growling at me, but Rio didn't do that at all.

Will have to watch him with the kids now as I can't have him biting them. Could it be his hormones, as there are other rabbits near him and he's never been around other rabbits before? He hasn't been neutered so it is quite possible.

I have a total of 22 rabbits (but keep that to yourself ssshhhh).
Quote:Rio bit me this morning Confused I'd just put his food in and was stroking him and he suddenly bit me hard, drew blood. There was no warning at all. I've never had a rabbit bite me before, usually they warn me to stay away by grunting or growling at me, but Rio didn't do that at all.

Will have to watch him with the kids now as I can't have him biting them. Could it be his hormones, as there are other rabbits near him and he's never been around other rabbits before? He hasn't been neutered so it is quite possible.

I have a total of 22 rabbits (but keep that to yourself ssshhhh).

Ouch. Rabbits have sharp teeth. He may find the presence of lady rabbits is overwhelming at first. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
It must be a bit of an adjustment when people rehome animals.
Once he fully settles in he may be alright. You will always watch him if you are like me. I never forget a bite.

I will never tell about numbers. I won't even count how many snakes I have. I am not sure about counting the number of corn snakes. I have an overwhelming number of baby snakes to feed.
Catherine