Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Monarch Butterflies have arrived in Toronto.
I have been watching for the Monarchs every day and so far nothing. My milkweed is ready. My butterfly bushes are blooming.
Finally today when looked at my front garden, there were several Monarch Butterflies checking out the milkweed and testing the butterfly bushes.
The butterflies have been gone since the fall, so it is good to see them back.

I love their incredible migration. The butterflies I said goodbye to last fall are not the ones who are returning. These ones are generations later.  These arriving butterflies will not live to return south. Their lives are short and the journey is long.

https://journeynorth.org/monarchs/news/s...-northward

Our milkweed is ready. It was slow to start, but it has quickly grown and started to bloom. Now I can only watch and hope that this is the year the butterflies lay eggs on my milkweed.

I am glad I planted the new butterfly bush when I did. It is ahead of the others and already has lots of flowers. A few more days and my big white butterfly bush will be in bloom. I also planted cone flowers and bergamot and I saw a butterfly checking them out. I may be planting more flowers this weekend. I want the butterflies to hang around.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine