Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing lizard found, under a desk
Months ago a Nile Monitor went missing from Little Rays Reptile Zoo and Nature Center.  The place was searched thoroughly many times. Ads were posted. Everyone was on the alert.  Markhor is a big lizard so he should have been easy to spot. It was beginning to look like he was gone forever, when he was spotted crawling under the front desk. The opening is very small and it wasn't though big enough  for Markhor fit through. It looks like he was under the desk the whole time. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/...-1.6157068

Reptiles are escape artists and they are even better at hiding. He was there under the whole time under the desk. He probably watched them searching for him.

I once found on of my lizards on my Christmas tree when I was taking the decorations down. I didn't realize she was out. I wonder how long she was on the tree. Day after day I sat by the tree and never noticed her.  She was a tiny lizard. Markhor was a little bigger and should have been easy to spot.   I am glad he is back safe and being cared for again. I wonder if he was laughing the whole time because they couldn't find him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine