Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Lion pushed back in water to face killer Orcas
How terribly sad and horrible. A terrified Sea Lion being hunted by killer Orcas  jumped aboard a boat to save its own life.
The woman on the boat said, "You gotta go! I know you'll suffer honey, but this is the way the world works"
And pushed it back off again, THEN speeded up the boat to get away from the pack of killer whales (which she did successfully.)

Now why couldn't she have taken the Sea Lion with her?

All I can say is how would she have felt if she had been in a swimming pool full of sharks, managed to get out of the water and some person had pushed her back in again, saying: "Sorry, I know you'll suffer honey, but this is the way the world works" ?

Just a Sea Lion....I know.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/you...np1taskbar
This lady has lessons to learn. She herself may have to live through being terrified, escaping and then being sent back to a painful death.

I say this with no pleasure, although her behaviour was abominable. But that is how the system of karma works....

We can only develop by learning that love and compassion are first principles. She has a lot to learn, possibly the hard way.
I am shocked that anyone could be  so callous. She was on a big enough boat that she was never in danger. She could have driven off with the sea lion still on her boat.   She chose to throw the frightened animal back into the water to certain death, a terrifying death. Then she drove off.

Anyone else would have been happy to rescue the sea lion.

I can only think that she is already a selfish, unfeeling person. 
I think she has some serious life lessons ahead of her.

She has made the story public so people now know what she did. 
Would you trust someone like her? Would you hire her? Would you want her as a friend. 

This action will come back to her.
And so it should. Her deliberate act of cruelty will bring its own "rewards".

I feel sad for the little sea lion who turned to a human for help and found out too late that she wouldn't help him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I still keep seeing the look on the sea lion's face. Once it was on the boat it felt safe. It trusted the human to rescue it. I wonder when it realized it was being betrayed?
Catherine

There is another point. A few commentators said that the lady was scared that the orcas might have attacked her boat, tipping it over, if the sea lion had stayed on board. That is blatantly false, for three reasons:

If she was genuinely scared, she would not have filmed the whole incident! Where did she find the time to hold a smartphone and keep on walking around her boat, showing the circling orcas and the sea lion over and over? A person who was really frightened wouldn't have spent so long filming everything. I even wonder whether she staged the whole incident, to gain video watches. That would make her actions even more objectionable: a sea lion is torn to pieces just to get video views on TikTok!

Experts on orca behaviour state that orcas simply do not try to tip large boats such as the one in the video. So she was never in any danger with the sea lion on board.

Why didn't she just start the motor? Usually the sound of that is enough to make the orcas move back a bit. Plus the motor on the boat is a large powerful one. She could have got going, with the sea lion on board, and reached land easily.

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had betrayed such a beautiful creature to such a painful death!
I agree with every point you made. She could have started her motor and driven away. She chose to walk around getting a video of the whole thing. 
Did she stage the incident? That is actually possible. People are doing outrageous things to get attention on social media.
She is an idiot. She could have made a big deal about rescuing the sea lion and be hero right now. Instead she has shown the world that she is a nasty person.

Someone like her won't give the sea lion another thought. She will sleep just fine. It is animal lovers like us who are troubled by this.
There are people on this planet who have no humanity, no compassion. I can't even imagine why she did it. It makes no sense.
Catherine

Just one final point on this story: the lady who sent this sea lion to a painful death comes from Vancouver Island. If you remember, Catherine, for some years we have been discussing that animal cruelty seems to be common there. Here is the thread:

http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/show...p?tid=3485
You are right there is some serious cruelty in that area.  There have been other articles, but I haven't posted them all.  Vancouver Island is such a beautiful place. 
How could anyone live with such beauty and respond with cruelty?
Catherine