Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canned hunting ranches in Texas
Quote:What a criminal waste of money! That money could be given to an animal charity, animal refuge, or a charity for humans. Imagine what good use could be made with that sort of money - for just one "easy-kill" less.
That money could have done a lot of good. Many small charities would have been thrilled to receive even a fraction of the cost of a kill. 
Instead of killing something that couldn't get away, the person could be involved in giving to charity. They could have used their time to do good.
We make choices about what we do and what we support.  When someone spends that much money on a canned hunt, that is really all I need to know about the person. They are not someone I would ever want to know. I would certainly never want to live in Alberta again. 

What a crazy world where animals live on the streets and children go hungry while someone pays thousands of dollars to shoot an animal in a cage.

Just to add another twist to this issue, many of the farmed elk are developing Chronic Wasting Disease. It has spread to the wild population.

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html

Chronic Wasting Disease is caused by a prion. It does spread from one species to another. 
Is it transmissible to humans? We don't know yet. We didn't know that  Mad Cow Disease could transmit to humans until it did.
These prion diseases take years to develop. Hunters eating the meat or even handling it, could be endangering themselves. They could be endangering others. 
We just don't know. Not know that something is dangerous, does not make it safe.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by Catherine - 09-29-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by LPC - 09-29-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by LPC - 09-30-2021, 09:17 PM
RE: Canned hunting ranches in Texas - by Catherine - 10-01-2021, 02:32 PM