Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plumber creates outdoor dog shower
After removing dog hair from many indoor showers, a plumber created an outdoor dog shower. The outdoor garden hose washes your dog with cold water. This dog shower give the dog a nice warm water rinse. Since posting online about the shower he is overwhelmed by orders. 

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/8350590/i...g-showers/

It seems that people want to wash their dogs in warm water. They don't want to just use the garden hose on them.
We love our pets and we want them to be comfortable. It is a great idea and I bet it spreads to many places.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I give Forgy a shower in our bath, using a shower head attachment. It works well. He doesn't get very dirty, usually.

However, I have sent the link to my older son, who has two Labradors which get very dirty during forest walks.
What a brilliant idea!
I only ever knew one dog who enjoyed being power-hosed down with cold water...that was Jet, the Border Collie. But he was slightly nuts anyway.

Misty was scared of bathrooms. Sometimes she used to get muddy on her legs and belly if it had been raining and we had been in the fields or woods. I used to take her out on the lawn and wash her down with a sponge and warm water, then dry her off after she had shaken herself out.  She could just handle an outdoor "shower" or wash down. But that involved a couple of buckets of warm water, which meant she had to stand outside waiting for me to fill them, and she was probably feeling a bit cold in winter.
A warm outdoor dog shower gets my thumbs-up! 28
Trust Jet to like a cold power wash.  Smiley4

Misty would have loved a warm outdoor dog wash. I think most dogs and most dog people would prefer the outdoor dog wash. The guy has a great idea and he should license and market it around the world. It would catch on everywhere. In really hot areas you could cool a dog off with a tepid shower.  
Putting a dog in a bathtub is not easy, especially if it is a bigger dog.

It would be great for really muddy kids to (people kids that is). You could wash the worst of the mud off outside before bringing them in.
Why have we never had outdoor washes before?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine