Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more Hamster Hide and Seek.
Sad 
I have jokingly grumbled about my hamster waking me at 2am to play hamster hide and seek. Secretly I loved the game. Sadly all the fun with Robin living on the microwave cart and all his other antics, well it is over. He is nearly two years old and a few days ago he went back into his own enclosure and he is dying. Smiley19

I can't believe how fast he has gone downhill. I know it is just old age catching up with him, but it seems so fast. (for a dwarfie two years equals 100 for a human) We have had so much fun. He was such a scrounge when it came to snacks. Anytime I was in the kitchen he wanted something else. Now he barely eats. It is like he is shrinking away to nothing before my eyes. I think his little life is now down to its last days.Smiley56Smiley6
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Robin looks even smaller today. When dwarf hamsters get old they just seem to shrink away to nothing.
Catherine

Oh Catherine, this makes me feel so sad. I know that they only have a short life, but when they are such large characters you feel they they will go on and on. Robin has packed so much into his short life, he's kept us entertained and we all will miss him.
At least he's comfy and warm and safe, at home in the place he made his own.
May his last days be warm, comfy and peaceful.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I have Robin siting on my lap trying to eat a piece of apple. He is barely holding on. He has been so much fun and he has packed so much living into his short life. He is just short of his second birthday and for a dwarfie that is old.

He is one of the last hamsters from a long line of dwarfies. I bred them from 2000-2011 for a small family owned pet store. When they closed in 2011, I stopped putting new couples together so the dwarfie colony has gradually died out. Now I have Robin and his older brother and soon I will only have the older brother. It is the end of an interesting time in my life. I am no longer the hamster lady. It is funny how one of my last hamsters has been one of my most memorable. No one beats Peter the Wonder Hamster, but Robin comes close.
I am glad that I can be here for him. I am going to miss my little Robin.
Catherine

I think Robin has had a heart attack. It doesn't look good. Poor little guy.62
Catherine

I hope it is peaceful for him. We're all thinking of you and Robin.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
Robin died in the early morning hours, curled up in my hand. After a full and vibrant life, my little Robin is gone.Smiley19
It is going to be very quiet without him.
Catherine

Catherine, I am so sorry little Robin had to leave you Heart

He will be all right where he has gone, but that doesn't stop you missing him of course. Bless him. I know he had a lovely life at your place.

He may well still be playing hide and seek! But now without a heart that doesn't work properly. Angel Now his heart is fine. Bless him.
Thank-you. Robin was one of those hamsters that lived large. He filled every space with his presence. It seems so quiet without him.

He always wanted to run free and now he is free to run forever, just as long as he comes back to me when I join him on the rainbow bridge.Heart
Catherine

What a full and lively life he had. If only all hamsters were so lucky.

Good Bye Robin. We'll miss hearing all your adventures.

He'll be waiting for you, Catherine, along with all your other "Beasties". There's going to be quite a crowd!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.