Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman with service dog forced to eat outside in Taiwan
A visually impaired woman with a service dog had to sit at a table outside because the restaurant would not let her dog inside. That meant she couldn't sit inside with her friends, she had to eat alone. She even had a certificate for the dog, verifying its status as a service dog. 
Service dogs are permitted in places like restaurants in Taiwan. In fact it is illegal to discriminate against them. The restaurant has since admitted it was wrong.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4853751

These incidents are happening all around the world and they are happening more often. 
Once service dogs won the right to be with their person, it seemed the battle was over. It was shocking to hear about a service dog being excluded from anywhere. Now we hear about incidents all the time. It looks like the battle needs to be fought all over again.

Ironically I have to sit through a program every year that tells me I can't discriminate against service dogs(and a lot of other stuff).
There is no situation in my job where I could discriminate against a service dog. Places like restaurants and stores don't put their people through similar presentations, even though they clearly need them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine