Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog grooming school sends its dogs to the dog meat market
A dog grooming school in China kept a set of dogs for people to practice grooming techniques. They had the dog's vocal chords surgically removed so the dogs couldn't bark. Then when they were closing, they sent the dogs off to a dog meat market so they could be killed and eaten.
About 50 dogs were rescued by NoToDogMeat and were taken to their shelter. The poodles are in terrible shape and none of them can bark.
They led terrible lives at the grooming school. With love and good care they will soon be ready to go to loving homes.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/176333...ok-rescued

The rescue group is doing good work in China to end the dog meat trade.

https://notodogmeat.com/

They now have 2 shelters in China and also work in the Philippines and Cambodia. 
They were founded by a London lawyer who witnessed the dog meat trade. 
They are now getting ready to fight the annual Yulin Festival. They will rescue as many dogs as they can.

So far 41 of the grooming school dogs have found good homes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This story makes me feel sick.
I agree, Aussienan. There are some kind people in Communist China, who are doing their best to oppose the dog meat trade. However, cruelty to animals is alarmingly common there, with almost no animal welfare laws at all. Burning or boiling a dog alive is still not an offence there. This vile practice must be stopped.
I am shocked that they had the dogs vocal chords removed. That is cruelty already.
Then to send dogs that you have worked with every day to a dog meat market shows a level of callousness that is unbelievable.
The whole dog meat industry is brutal. It is hard to believe it is still going on. After all the years of protesting, Yulan is still happening.
Some people have chosen to be cruel.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine