Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 month sentence for mutilating a young hedgehog
A 56 year old man has been given an 18 month sentence for animal cruelty. He is also banned from owning animals for 20 years.
The RSPCA investigated him and found the hedgehog in a drawer under the bed. The drawer was covered in blood and the hedgehog was seriously injured.
Sadly the hedgehog didn't make it. The injuries were too great.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cge11wkqq08o

Eighteen months doesn't seem like much when you think of the sadistic cruelty that the hedgehog endured.
Who knows how long that little animal lived in terror and suffering.  I am not sure this man should ever be out.
He will do it again as soon as he can. I am wondering how they plan to keep him from having animals for the next twenty years.
I wonder if we will be reading about him in a couple of years.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How deeply sad and terrible.

I wonder why the RSPCA investigated him? Someone must have known what he had done. So that seems that he didn't live alone. Unless he boasted about his cruelty or posted about it  somewhere.
I doubt if 18 months is going to change him. So in 18 months or maybe even less, he will be free. He may be banned from "keeping an animal", but hopefully any wild creature will not be caught by him. The problem with Hedgehogs is they curl into a ball when in danger rather than run away.

Blessings to that poor little creature.
He is still a danger and I don't think they are taking that seriously. He will be out soon enough and something else will suffer.
Maybe under the law that was all they could him, but it is not enough to protect the world from him.

That poor little hedgehog. He couldn't just kill it, he wanted to torture it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine