Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Krinkle Snake, Miracle Snake
Some of you have heard of Jake. I took him in a few years ago. He is damaged/deformed. It is sad.
[Image: cal6WWFdUOpTiacrYxY9vAeF_11Fz5opupY6czD3...-h284-p-no]
He tied himself in a knot and couldn't get free.
[Image: T8syJSPDAUb_iI-K__2hRRBcVkzCdtDArBcg5A5N...-h284-p-no]
You can see how deformed his spine is.
[Image: xHfPgW0aXnRbMotHsLSBqxuW9rll02NnkCsaEXSP...-h275-p-no]
He couldn't shed or poop without help.
I managed to get him eating so he has grown, but he became so weak he couldn't lift his head. I gave him a shallow water dish because I was afraid he would drown accidentally. I did try therapy, I used warm water baths and massage. The water did let him move more freely. Change is slow and sometimes we do not see it.
[Image: YX4uIu56ZuUM7uY0cWuOYsTYmH5N7hBMwuBEcxaU...-h275-p-no]
I seem to have straightened out the sideways bend in Jake's neck. I came home to a surprize.
[Image: IPSe8aj25edGCY6kIU8MPu2-NepNpMmfYbq-EEbs...-h284-p-no]
Jake managed to climb the side of his tank. So I set him up in a bigger tank so he would have room to move.
[Image: K2whneqzqkOeC3yQRZ6dka404ucMc-71kPJ98VVG...-h248-p-no]
So there he is climbing out of the new tank. It takes him a long time to climb like that, but he keeps trying.
I am proud of Jake. Life cannot have been easy for him, but he has always tried. He is happy in his new bigger tank and is living a good life.
[Image: NwTxOHPga7KvkdCMi3V_OK8yWGdyf6-NqdxFHFDq...-h248-p-no]
Go Jake go!
[Image: HKZr0EvJvnZrB5lVEvzbMVofBeIXdMDjXD6hkTMG...-h259-p-no]:smiley20:
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I remember these photos. He really is a miracle snake and it's fantastic that you gave him what he needed to mature into a much healthier creature than he was. This is a really heart warming story.
I'm sure there are many creatures who are just discarded because of problems that they have, when all they need is TLC from a caring person with the will to help.
Well done, Catherine. You are an animal Hero, because we know Jake isn't the first creature you have helped have as normal a life as they could.

ThumbsupsmileyanimThumbsupsmileyanimThumbsupsmileyanim
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank-you. I am proud of Jake. He has done so well. If I put him on the floor he can crawl across the floor, but it takes him awhile. I don't put him with other snakes because I don't want him to know how limited he is.
You are right, I have brought him to be as much as he can be. I think there are so many pets that can have fuller lives if we give them the chance and the help they need to develop.

Think of this as the legacy of Pigbert. He taught me what love can do for a damaged pet.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine