Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oliver the Alpaca visits Starbucks
A woman drove up to the local Starbucks with an alpaca in her lap. Starbucks makes a pet friendly treat. Oliver loved it.
Oliver is actually from Eagle Eye Farm, the home of Alpacas, Llamas, sheep and more.

https://www.newsweek.com/alpaca-pupcup-t...ts-1827375

Can you imagine seeing an Alpaca at a drive through. No wonder the staff loved him. He is just too cute.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I agree that alpacas are cute. They are delightful, gentle animals. In the video, everyone seems to be having good fun, so I don't want to be boringly fun-spoiling.

Sadly, I have an issue with carrying an alpaca on a person's lap on the front seat of a car. In an accident, the alpaca could be seriously hurt. Also, were the alpaca to move position whilst the lady was driving, her view could be obstructed, risking a road accident.

We used to transport our alpacas by road on occasions, but we boringly (but safely!) hired a large horse trailer for them.
You are right about the safety issue. I am hoping she only put him in her lap for the actual drive through.
I know if I have to transport any of my smaller animals, I sit in the back seat because most of our cars have air bags.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine