Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abuses on safari hunts
For those who couldn't bear to watch the video (I watched some of it, but had to fast forward in places as it was bad), here is a summary of the video:

"Representatives of Green Mile, owned by Awadh Ally Abdullah and Abdullah Bin Butti Alhamed of the United Arab Emirates (its website is also hosted in the UAE), can be seen in the 2012 "highlight" video above—which is somehow promotional material for the company, and which sources say is cut from a larger, two-hour raw video—shooting wildlife from jeeps, running over a baby gazelle with the jeep, allowing young children to shoot at animals, and capturing a baby zebra and torturing it while it cries and tries to get away.

Repeatedly, hunters on Green Mile Safari trips watch animals writhe as they slowly die. At one point, a hunter shoots a writhing zebra with a rifle attached to a tripod from several feet away."

Behaviour like this makes me ashamed to be human. It is also appalling that a young child can be seen killling and torturing animals on this video. He will now be desensitised to cruelty and violence for the rest of his life. I also couldn't understand why they were pulling on the tail of a dying creature for so long. Was that also for pleasure?

There is only one good piece of news: the company which made this video has had its licence revoked - although it is appealing aginast the decision...

Messages In This Thread
Abuses on safari hunts - by Catherine - 08-17-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Abuses on safari hunts - by Tobi - 08-17-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: Abuses on safari hunts - by Catherine - 08-17-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: Abuses on safari hunts - by Cibach - 08-17-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Abuses on safari hunts - by Tobi - 08-17-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Abuses on safari hunts - by LPC - 08-17-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Abuses on safari hunts - by Catherine - 08-18-2014, 10:24 AM