Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scarlett's Vet Bills
Photo 
Hello.  My pot belly pig, Scarlett, was attacked by two pitbulls.  I found their owner, but she is refusing to help financially.  Scarlett survived the attack but she will need lots of TLC and care.  Her veterinarian has given her excellent care, but unfortunately her vet bill is becoming expensive.  

When the attack happened, I found the owner of the pitbulls.  She admitted she doesn't know how to keep them in her yard and offered no sympathy.  A relative of hers, that was at her house, said he would pay the vet bills.  He gave me his contact info, etc.  When contacted of the vet bill amount (so far) he refuses to pay any amount.  Right now, the bill is at $1200.  Her fight still isn't over and because the vet bill was getting expensive, I had to bring her home.  Scarlett will still need vet care for her legs to ensure they heal correct and she doesn't develop an infection, and (not to gross you out)......remove dead tissue as she's healing.

Scarlett is the sweetest and to ensure no animal ever hurts her again, I have ordered a all enclosed house and kennel.  It's rather bougee, but Miss Scarlett deserves it and ........ I worry about the pitbulls coming back.

Animal Control only issued a citation to the owner.  If any action is to be taken, I have to witness them loose again.  

Her veterinarian is at the following clinic:
Northwest Florida Animal Clinic
6736 Quintette Road
Pace, FL  32571
850-994-0900
http://www.nwfanimalclinic.com

Right now, she's comfortable, is on strong pain meds and is getting lots of love and attention to help her heal.  I won't post photos of her injuries, it's not pleasant to view.  But it was her legs that were basically shredded.  They wanted to euthanize her the first day and I basically begged them to give her a chance.  Even after the 4th day they said she may never walk and recommended to euthanize her....again, I asked to give her a couple of days.  Now, she's walking (slowly), eating, grunting......and starting to be herself again.  I'm so glad I asked to give her a couple of days.  She's not out of the woods yet, but she's on her way to recovery.

Thank you,
Michelle B.
6736 Quintette Road, Pace, FL 32571

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about what happened to Scarlett. I am glad she is showing signs of improvement.
I hope she makes a full recovery. I do understand about how expensive vets bills can be. Since you have been so direct about who your vet is, I am going to allow you to fund raise on our forum. I hope everything works out for you.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sorry about your pig hope you can get some help unfortunately I'm not in a position to help you could try Go Fund Me.